Saturday, December 6, 2014

Merry Christmas ! Ready Or Not ?

Christmas is 19 days away and will soon be here ready or not, in the natural I am prepared.  Tree is trimmed in Turquoise and Silver with white lights, very pretty. Decorations are scattered throughout my home, every room has its own Nativity Scene, but my emotions are not ready ! One more Family member missing this year, my Dad passed over to the other side on Nov. 18th. He saw many changes in his 93 years on earth, he was not much for "change", very set in his ways ! I see myself becoming more like him in many ways, not so much the change part, but organized almost to a fault, do not like waiting on someone, you best not be late in picking him up, he would be sure to tell you to the exact minute how late you were. After he received Jesus as Savior, his life did a complete turn for the better, he seldom had an unkind word to say about anybody. He was quick to tell you how Jesus had changed his Life for the Good.
Getting back to Christmas, I do tend to wander, I have decided no shopping this year ! I have 50 plus immediate members in my Family, I told them a couple of years ago, "Stop having  Babies" ! Lol   They did not listen, 4 Great Grands this year and Grand # 22 will be here in April !  So I had a "Light Bulb" moment a month or so ago, in place of Christmas Presents this year I am going to the Bahamas in April !My present to myself !
Besides the fact that for the most part all of us have gotten away from what CHRISTmas is really all about. Oh yes we say Merry Christmas and get upset when others say Happy Holidays ! That should not take anything away from how each of us "Christians " of how feel about this time of year that has been set aside to celebrate the birth of the Christ Child !  Yes we know He was not born in the Winter, the 3 Wise Men arrived months after His birth, the time was set to con side with the Pagan Holiday celebration of that time. Does all this really matter ? Is not what is in our Heart and Spirit that matters most. No one can take away this precious time of year unless you give it away.
 This is my third year in a row to have lost a precious Family Member, no I do not feel like celebrating, but I will celebrate the birth of my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. There is sadness and sorrow in my heart over the loss of my Son, Husband, and Dad, but Death is a very real part of Life. Wish it did not hurt so much, grief has a way of taking us to a place we really do not want to go.
My Prayers are for all who have lost a precious one this past year, the Holidays, Birthdays, and Anniversaries are tough for us !
Life for us left here does go on, so this Christmas will be different for me as the past two have been, but God knows my heart !  There may be tears in my eyes, but my heart is ever so thankful that God gave Mankind the very best Gift ever, His only Son, Jesus Christ  !!






No comments: