Thursday, December 18, 2014

Nothing to Fear, But Fear Itself !!

I know this seems like a contradiction of words in my title, but in searching for new things for my 2nd Support Group to work on I kept hearing the word fear in my spirit. Seems lately more than ever people are fearful. Fear of losing jobs, fear of rising cost of every thing we need to sustain life, the news media and the President feed our fears daily. I have found myself not listening to the news as it does nothing to build my inner self. Fear and Faith can not and will not operate in the same place. When we allow fear to enter into our thoughts it pushes faith out. In time if we do not pray through what is causing the fear we will soon no longer be operating from a position of faith. When this happens it will cause a discord in our walk with the Lord. The two most important things that please God is our faith and obedience to His Word. I had a notes for a sermon on this very subject, but at the present time I have misplaced them. When I find them I will go into more detail of the cause and effect that fear plays in our walk with God. If you are reading this and have anything to add that the Holy Spirit may show you please share it with me. On a personal note we finally have some rain for our dry dry ground, so today I mowed and worked in the flower beds. I have finally started my comforter I have had the blocks cut for several weeks, but too busy to start sewing them together. I am determined to lose the 20 lbs I have put on the past 2 years. Please pray I will be faithful to excercise and eat healthier. I need to do this as my BP and Chlor. have both risen, not to mention that the extra weight cause my me back and leg pain when I stand or walk for long periods of time. SO since I intend to live to be a 100 I must take better care of my physical body. I have also learned that when I am lax in the natural it tends to spill over into my spiritual life.How about you out there do you find this to be true ? Until next time, "KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS!"

No comments: