Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sowing the Word -- Reaping a Harvest

Thanksgiving has come and gone, for the first time in several years I did not do the turkey and I loved going to someone elses home for dinner. The only down side is no leftovers, which I enjoy. Want to share an awesome testimony with you. Occasionally I write articles for the local papers on the Domestic Violence Program in my County. About 15 months ago a lady called me after reading one of the articles and said she wanted to talk to me as she was thinking about divorce. I talked with her several times, met with her and her husband and suggested they seek some Bible Based Counsel. They took my advice and he began counsel with a minister and she continued to see me and come to Support Group meeting. They became active in church and this past Sunday they renewed their vows in church and I had the priviledge of standing with them as they renewed their committment to each other before God and their church family. It is sad that this is not the usual ending to my counsel, as most of the time one or both are not willing to work out their differences. I praise God that another family has been saved from a broken home.

1 comment:

Niki said...

What an awesome story! It makes me smile to know they worked it out and a happy ending came to be! Thanks for sharing, Norma! You are such a great encouragement :)