Monday, December 8, 2008

It Is That Time of Year ??

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christmas is almost here, I have finished decorating, sent the baked goodies to me Grandson at Fort Polk,La., to my son in San Diego, and my Mom in Ohio. I was very wise this year, if I must brag on myself, I have no gifts to wrap, no bags to stuff. I got online and ordered gift cards for most everyone on my list and am sending checks to the rest. Last year I spent hours wrapping presents. I guess my age is showing, since the g-kids have gotten older, Christmas has lost some of its fun of shopping. I do not like getting caught up in all the hype of the commercial side of Christmas. If we as Christians are not careful we will be right in the mix with the rest of the world, forgetting what we are really celebrating. Everyone seems to want the gifts and the day off from work, but they do not want to recognize the birth of Jesus as the reason this day is set aside. How can they take the "Christ" out of Christmas ?? Without His birth the day has NO meaning. Like Joshua, as for those in my house we choose to recognize Christmas as a day to thank God for the Greatest Gift ever given to man. The birth of a baby in a lowly stable in Bethlehem that fulfilled a prophecy foretold by the Prophet Isaiah. Jesus, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, whose birth, death and resurrection would give mankind eternal life. I have been asked WHAT IF the Bible is not true and there is no Hell or Heaven ?? My answer is, I win either way, my life after Jesus has been one of peace when the world is going crazy, love for those who are unlovable and a joy that surpasses all understanding. If the Bible is true, I not only have lived a better life now, but I escape Hell and will live in eternity with Jesus and all those whose lives were changed by my witness to His Saving Power. If they are wrong and do not except Jesus they most likely have lived life on earth always seeking for that "Something", will miss Heaven and go to that place of torment, Hell. Si I will keep telling of His Power, His Grace, and His Mercy that is Forever and Forever, How about you ? Do you know Him as Savior, and if you do is He Lord of your life. Don't get caught up in all the trappings of the worldly Christmas, seek out the real reason we celebrate Christmas !! Until next time, KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS !!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Great word, I love reading your thoughts about Jesus!! They are always encouraging!!