Sunday, July 5, 2009

Are Yoiu An Overcomer ?

Can not believe 2 weeks have passed since I have posted here. Computer was in shop all last week,so I do have somewhat of a good reason. Pray all had a wonderful 4th ! We went to spend the day with family, it was a peaceful day of eating and visiting. This will be a busy week for me, a meeting in the morning and 3 counsel sessions this week. Brought a granddaughter home with us, she is old enough to be alone for short periods of time. Of course I want to do some fun things with her while she is here, probably a movie, swimming and eating out. We both like to play board games and we are very competitive. I read a book and cleaned some cabinets and closets while the computer was down. So all was not lost ! I do realize I spend entirely too much time online and playing my games, would really help if I could get high speed Internet, maybe this year the phone lines will be upgraded out here. I am only 4 miles from town, but that is too far. my Pastor gave a wonderful message today on being an overcomer, I want to share a few of his points with you and some of my own added thoughts. There will always be opportunity to give up or give in to the challenges and pressures of life. I must always remember I am an overcomer in the process of overcoming. I must see myself as God sees me ! The Bible is our blueprint to living a victorious Christian life. II Cor. 2 v14 says He always leads us in triumph, I must follow where He leads and I will never go wrong. I will not and can not be defeated as long as I follow where he leads. Defeat and failure are not in the future of the believer who learns how to apply God's word to his daily life. There are several points that will enable you to begin your path to being an overcomer. James 4 v 17 lays out the way, 1. Submit to God, 2. Resist the Devil , 3 Draw near to God. If I do these then God will draw near to me and the Devil will flee. If I fail to apply these 3 steps then I will be attacked with the enemies weapons, 1 Fear, 2 Doubt, and 3 Worry. These 3 areas are attacks on our thoughts, this is how the enemy gets to us. He can not attack the spirit man as it belongs to God, so he comes through our minds with wrong thinking. This is why it is so important for us to mediate on the Word day and night and to hide and guard it in our hearts. I encourage you to dive into the Word of God, feed on it as you feed your physical body and you will become the overcomer that God sees you to be and you will begin to see yourself as one also. There is a champion in every born again believer, we need to nurture that champion in the Word and watch him grow into a powerful witness for His honor and glory. remember God does not look on the outside of man, He looks to the heart of man, what is in the heart will be spoken out of the mouth. I pray that the Word of the Living God will come forth from my mouth ! Let this be your prayer ! Until next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus !"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful, just what I needed to hear right now, Thank you,
Tonya