Thursday, July 9, 2009

Satisfaction

I have a daily reading called,"For Women Who Do Too Much," which I do not always get to read and I am at the present a month behind. The daily reading for June 10 really spoke to me and I want to share it with you, this applies to men as well as women. Satisfaction with one's life is like being anointed with warm oil. It is so peaceful to read the words of someone who is content. Often we equate contentment and satisfaction with stagnation. They are anything but that ! True satisfaction with ones life is an acceptance of what is, continuing to prepare for what can be, while letting go of what we thought needed to be. Satisfaction is a quiet place of quietude, a busy place of stillness. Satisfaction is a place of relief rarely felt be people who do too much. Satisfaction is the soul breathing a sigh of relief. I meditated on this and I thought of when Paul said he was content no matter what state he found himself in. Phil. 4v11. He had learned how to be content and satisfied because he knew God was in control and would give him the strength to carry out God's plan for his life, Phil. 4v13. The warm oil refers to the Holy Spirit, He is our Comforter and our Peace. So my prayer for myself and for you who are reading this is to be satified where I am now, continue to look forward to what God's plan for my life is, and release what I think is needed. Let God has His way in my life, find that place of quiet and dwell there, for that is where He will be found. To be busy with His work, listening for His voice and follow after it, for there is where I will find the peace and contentment that I seek. Till next time,"Keep Your Eyes On Jesus".

No comments: