Monday, June 8, 2009

I Will Speak The Word !!

Has been a busy past few days, as always in the summer time I need a half day to mow yard. It has become somewhat of a dreaded job for me, I need to be thankful for a riding lawn mower. The second Support Group has also put another time crunch in my life, I now need to study for a group each Thursday, Group 1 is working on the book,"Boundaries", by Cloud and Townsend. My prayer is that the ladies have learned as much from it as I have. I see where I have made some poor boundaries and then there are those boundaries that were good and the right way to go. Group 2 are for the most part new Christians and are feeling their way on the road to recovery. The first months are always hard when you leave an abusive relationship. You are foundering around trying to find out who you are and what do you really want from life ? this group is learning how to pray and apply the Word to their life. to speak positive over their situation, not denying the problems, but denying their right to hinder them in their walk with the Lord. It has taken me many years to realize that what I speak over myself and my family will bring LIFE or DEATH. Prov 18v21 says there is life and death in the power of the tongue. This past Sunday my Pastor spoke on, Seed-Word Form, that is exactly what the Word of God is like, a seed when planted and cared for will bring forth a harvest. There are so many Scriptures in Proverbs that talk about our tongue,mouth and what we say. a few are Prov 13v3, Prov 21v3 ,Prov 23v9 to name a few. Jesus also talked about what we should say, He spoke to the wind , a storm, and cursed a tree. All of these He used words out of His mouth and then saw what He spoke. God the Father spoke the world into being and then saw what he spoke, we are made in God's spiritual image, to me this means when I speak in line with the Word I too can see what I speak. So I have learned over the years to put a watch over my mouth, let the Word of God come forth in a positive light and stand back and see the power of God manifest itself in my life. I pray this Word has opened your eyes to how important your words are. Till next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus !!"

No comments: