Thursday, May 7, 2009

Most Wonderful Vacation

I arrived back home last night about 8 PM, 3500 miles out and back, this was truly the trip of my life. I stopped and toured several National Parks along the way out and came back through Midland/Odessa area. Stopped at the Oil Museum in Midland, this is one of the most impressive museums I have been ever been to. Did not have time to see all of it in detail, but spent a couple of hours there, it was too hot to see all the outside exhibits. Hope to go back one day with my husband. After being in the mountains for most of the week, back home in the humidity seems very hot. Of course spending a week with my son Jason was the highlight of my trip. We went walking on the beach several times and spent a day driving into the Laguna Mountain Range and the Cleveland National Forest. Jason enjoys eating in those out of the ordinary places, New York Deli, a small family owned Greek Restaurant, Seafood Stand with fabulous oysters and of course New York style pizza at a small, but very busy side street place. Best of all these small out of the way places are not as expensive as going to the popular places. I collect magnets as souvenirs and I came back with 14, will need to rearrange my frig. Driving out west is very different than going East, less traffic, especially around the cities as they are not as populated until I got to San Diego, then Jason drove as he knows his way around the city having lived there almost 4 years. So I say to you, if you have not been out West, across far West Texas, into New Mexico and Arizona, go. The scenery of mountains, flat lands and everything in between will let you see the handwork of God. The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular !! I thought except for the freeway, off road in many places it is just like it was when the wagon trains came West years ago. It is hard to imagine how they were able to travel all that way across the land full of rocks and stones, no water for miles upon miles, snakes, and Indians to name just a few of the obstacles in their way. It has given me a greater appreciation for those pioneer men, women, and children that gave up a home in the East to go West and conquer a new land. It has given me a greater appreciation for my home with all of its modern conveniences. So here I am once again refreshed and renewed to continue the call to the ministry God has given me. To bring the Good News to Victims of Domestic Violence that He is a Loving and Faithful God who wants to bring them out and into a life of a Survivor. Until next time,"Keep Your Eyes On Jesus !!"

No comments: