Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello From Not So Sunny California

I have come to Ca. to visit my youngest son, I have not seen him for 2 1/2 yrs. The weather has not been as warm as I had hoped for, but it is not raining. In 1998 he was living in NY, I went the first week of May, which is usually a great time to visit.It rained the whole week, the sun came out on our way to the airport. Cool and windy is fine. Today we went to Balboa Park, it is the largest city park in America. The roses are in full bloom, also many of the cactus. I did not know there were so many different kinds of cactus. I have taken 100 pictures since I left home last Friday morning. I took my time and stopped along the way to see some of the historical and natural sights.This is my first visit to far West Texas, Southern New Mexico and Arizona. At my age this will most likely be the only time I attempt to drive it, especially by myself. We have tickets to see a Tennesse William's play tomorrow night, of course at least a half day at the beach. We rode the bus and the trolley around town today, their public transport seems to be very good and used by many. This is a very diverse city of many cultures and lots of history. The time change has me a little off, I have been waking at 4 AM, by the time I get adjusted I will be on my way back, I will lose the 2 hrs. I gained on the way out. This is the longest trip I have taken, but also the easiest, very little traffic, even around the cities. One construction delay in Phoenix and no rain. All the rain has been in Texas while I am gone. I want to thank God and my husband for making it possible for me to make this trip. Spending 2 weeks in Motel rooms and eating out is expensive. I have been saving for 6 months, I will return with only gas to pay for. God is a good God, if I do my part and He always comes through for me. Until next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus, He Has All The Answers !!"

No comments: