Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jesus said, "Do Not Worry"

Today has been a long day of phone calls. A couple of times I was on the phone, call waiting was beeping and the call phone was ringing. This was one of those days when I want to cry out,"Lord, why did you call me to be a goodlistener ?? During the day God gave me a message, seems so many are WORRIED !! Losing jobs, too many bills, not enough money to go round, Obama is President, what will happen ??
Jesus admonished us to not worry, he even said it was a sin. At one time in my life worry consumed me, I would become worried if I was not worrying about something.
When we worry God can not help us, as worry is a condition of the mind and does not mix with faith. How did I condition myself to not worry ? It was a time of learning to trust Him.
One day as I was reading Rom. 12 v 2, Paul talks about renewing our mind to the Word and not being conformed to this world. I had a Holy Ghost moment and saw clearly that as long as I was always worried my mind could not become renewed to His Word.
I have heard it said many times 90% of worry never happens and the 10% that does we could not stop or change the situation. It is our attitude and how we react that will weaken or strengthen us. I want to share a couple of things that I have used that have helped me to overcome worry.
1. Take worry apart, do not let your thoughts run away.
Find a scripture for the worrisome thought, memorize it and when you worry attack it with the verse, use it consistently, you will begin to see the thought fade away and come less often. This becomes a lifestyle and over time you will become victorious in this area.
2. There is no worry/problem/situation/trial bigger than God and His Word unless you allow it to be so. The Word is the TRUTH and the TRUTH sets us FREE !!

3. Rise above the worry by using Bible principles, apply Scripture to your problems. Worry will lose its power over you. If you dwell on the problem too long you will become confused.

4. This is a process, as you make it a lifestyle it becomes easier to apply, you will begin to see your life take a turn, where you were once full of fear and worry you will now be able to find a place in the Word to fit your problem, pray and know the He is able to see you through no matter what it looks like in the natural. God works in the Supernatural !!

My favorite Scriptire is John 15, Jesus said,"Without Me You can do nothing,". It took me years of worry to realize how true these Words are. My prayer is you will learn to attack worry with the truth of the Word.

Till next time,"Keep Your Eyes On Jesus", He has the answers

No comments: