Saturday, March 20, 2010

Religion Versus Relationship

Many people have asked me the difference between Religion and Relationship. For me it has meant doing away with all of the man made do's and don't do's and seeking what I should do from the book of instructions that He left for us. I believe this will be especially helpful to a person who has recently been Born Again or to one who may still be in that Religious Stage of their life. For me it has clarified what a true Relationship with Jesus is really all about. I know the next time someone asks me the difference, I will have a much clearer answer for them. It's time to move beyond Religion to Relationship through Jesus Christ by entering into God's presence. I came across the following in a Christian Newspaper and want to share it with you. I pray that it will answer your questions and help you to see the differences.
  • Religion focuses on rules.
  • Relationship fixes on presence
  • Religion closes the door to the Holy of Holies
  • Relationship opens the door
  • Religion demands sacrifice
  • Relationship willingly offers sacrifice
  • Religion excludes
  • Relationship includes
  • Religion uplifts the external
  • Relationship bonds with the internal
  • Religion concern itself with style
  • Relationship hungers for substance
  • Religion promotes performance
  • Relationship thirsts for presence
  • Religion sets boundaries and maintains distance
  • Relationship invites intimacy
  • Religion makes building into churches
  • Relationship transforms people into churches
Inviting God's presence has nothing to do with Religion and has everything to do with Relationship. Reprinted from "Inviting God's Presence", Larry Keefauver Until next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus" !!

No comments: