Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life Goes On -- It Really Does !

It is only 12 days into the New Year and I have had to face two tragic deaths, on Jan. 3rd. I lost a dear friend in the prime of her life, 45. She had a vibrant personality and never met a stranger. On Fri the 7th. a cousin's wife died suddenly at 40, leaving 2 small children. already emotionally upset from my friends death, I went into a period of sadness, sorrow, and minor depression. I could not get past the usual question, "WHY GOD ?" This continued for several days. Thank God I realized by Sunday what was happening and asked my partner in prayer to pray for me. She laid her hand on my mid section and began to bind the spirit of depression over me and pray peace in to my spirit. I could feel the warmth of the Holy Spirit and immediately I felt the sadness, sorrow and depression lift from me. It was gone ! I was free from the oppression that had tried to overtake me.This led me to once again realize how important it is to, " KNOW WHO GOD IS AND WHO I AM IN HIM !" To understand I was on shaky ground spiritually, if the enemy can get us focused on the problem God seems far away. I had to take my own counsel and seek prayer from one who I know is connected to the Father. We are all vulnerable at times, most important is to recognize we need help ! This is wisdom on the part of the one who sees themselves on that shaky ground to call for help from the Father who loves us so unconditionally. Has Grace and Mercy mixed with peace and love to give us all we need in times of trouble and turmoil, often not directly affecting us, but still is devastating to our spirit. So I am taking some of my own counsel this week, seeking prayer and counsel from another who is prayed up and ready to help me through to the light of Jesus. it has been a long time since I have found myself in the dark tunnel, but I thank God he drew me to the Light of the Son ! I dedicate this posting to the memory of Laura Cox St John and Lori Schafer Clark, may you live on in the thoughts and memories of those who knew and loved you. Until next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus ! " He truly has EVERYTHING we need !!

No comments: