Friday, August 27, 2010

A Little Rest and Relaxation

I am in my birth state of Ohio for a few weeks, I look forward to coming every year as most of my family lives here. It is a time of visiting, shopping, and eating for me. This year there will be less eating as I have lost 15 lbs and want to reach my goal of 25. Typing this as I finish a chocolate chip cookie. I have continued my mile walk most everyday since I arrived, I do feel much better, blood pressure is down to a manageable place with a very small dosage of medicine, which I hope to discontinue after my next check-up. I am trying to eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and less red meat. I am eating less junk food and sweets, sugar is my downfall. Going through this these past 3 months has shown, me that I had not only become lax in the natural, but also in the spirit. I had become lazy in some spiritual areas, I am working at correcting this as I become healthier in the natural it is also spilling over to my spirit. this year I have the opportunity to speak at a Wednesday evening service and a Ladies Luncheon on a Saturday. It is a priviledge and an honor to minister away from home. I am very excited, on Wednesday evening September 1, I will be ministering on, Is fear Controlling You ? I see so many worried, anxious, and fearful Christians today. This is not God's plan for our life, He wants us to be victorious, over comers, full of faith adding souls to the Kingdom. what about you ?? Are you fearful from listening to the Doom and Gloom of the worldly news reports ?? Or are you keeping your eyes on Jesus, placing your confidence and trust in him to bring you through ?? This is not the time for wimpy, scared, unproductive Christians, He said He would spew these ones out of His mouth. Examine yourself in light of His Word ? Where do you find yourself ? are you hiding out like Gideon or are you a Joshua, ready to take possession of ALL God has for you. Until next time, "Keep Your Eyes On Jesus !"

No comments: